Have you heard the famous saying that about the tail wagging the dog? When it comes to long tail keywords, it can often be beneficial for the “long tail” to wag the dog. Long tail keywords are often a three to five (or more) word search phrase, many of which may only be searched five or ten times a month. These phrases are often very specific, but when a user types in the phrase, they can be your ideal insurance agency prospect. That’s why it is important that the search engine results page (SERP), lists your agency at the top. Let’s take a look at some examples of insurance long tail keyword phrases:
· Arizona Garage Keeper Insurance
· New York Owner Operator Insurance
· California Professional Liability Insurance
· Best Florida Business Insurance Rates
· Florida Coastal Condominium Insurance
The more keywords included in a phrase and the more specific the term, the narrower the results, and the less frequently that term is searched. And of course, the shorter the phrase, the broader the results, and the greater the competition for the phrase. An example of a broad phrase might be “Trucking Insurance” or “Auto Insurance”. When targeting long tail keywords, quantity is important. Your agency should target 100 or more long tails, along with more competitive phrases, for a comprehensive approach to your insurance agency search engine optimization efforts.
On page insurance search engine optimization (insurance SEO), includes both content and Meta data. This means the search bots from Google or Bing search the text, images, blog posts and video that appears on your page, and the Meta such as Page Description, Alt Tags and Header Tags that exists but is not seen on the page. Effective insurance search engine optimization also includes off page optimization such as news releases, social media posts, bookmarking, and videos to mention a few. Effective long tail optimization will result in improved insurance website traffic and increased insurance agency leads.
With the increasing number of mobile searches, your agency should add questions to your long tail efforts. Some examples include:
· Where do I buy Arizona Garage Keeper Insurance?
· What are the best New York Owner Operator Insurance agencies?
· What are the lowest California Professional Liability Insurance rates?
· Where do I find the best Florida Business Insurance Rates?
· Who offers the lowest Florida Coastal Condominium Insurance prices?