Most real estate professionals, are well – intentioned, individuals, who hope to earn a quality living, while serving the needs, priorities and goals, of their clients and customers! However, the reality is, until/ unless, one proceeds, beyond merely having good intentions, and caring, and takes the time, and makes the effort, to perceive and conceive of, create, develop, implement, and utilize, a relevant, time – tested, meaningful STRATEGY. With this in mind, this article will briefly discuss, and examine, not only why this is important, but, how to determine, objectively (and introspectively), the best approach, to follow, and pursue.
1. Selling; sales features/ benefits: Do you understand the difference between selling and sales, and why both behaviors, are important and essential? While selling is a proactive behavior, which includes technique, and focus, there is no transaction (and, thus, nothing, of consequence, happens/ occurs), until there is a sale, based on a meeting, of the minds! An agent must recognize, and identify, the strengths and weaknesses, of properties, he represents, and, thus, must present these houses, with an emphasis on the significant, positive features, and potential benefits!
2. Time – tested; thorough: There is no reason, to reinvent, the wheel! Rather, one must commit to the relevant training, meaningful learning, and using the methods, and techniques, which have proven effective, and are time – tested! One’s representation must be thorough, and focused!
3. Right price; reasonable; realistic; relevant: Houses sell fasted, at the best possible price, and in the shortest period of time, when they are priced, right, from the start! The right price attracts qualified, motivated buyers, which is in the best interests of one’s client. Combine reasonable pricing, and quality marketing, using realistic approaches, and relevant solutions!
4. Attention to details; attitude; aptitude: Avoid taking shortcuts, and maintain a positive, can – do, attitude, with a well – developed, set of skills, which enhances your aptitude, and potential, in a relevant way, focused on your clients’ best interests!
5. Timely: Responsive agents make their clients and customers, feel more comfortable and secure, because they proceed, in a timely, well – considered manner! For example, since there is always competition, doesn’t it make sense, it is advantageous, to answer and respond, consistently, in a timely way?
6. Enlightened; energizing; excellence: It’s important to thoroughly understand options and possibilities, in order to proceed, in an enlightened way, focused on obtaining the best possible results. Quality agents must also be cheerleaders, who energize others, to focus on goals, etc! Never sacrifice your commitment to the highest degree of genuine excellence!
7. Get others involved; get their views: It’s important to listen effectively, and get the views of your clients! When agents encourage their clients, to work together with them, utilizing relevant teamwork, the best results occur!
8. You: Agents must assume personal responsibility, and know it’s important to proceed, with the attitude, where you believe, it’s always, up to you, and your actions, and how you personalize the way you do things (putting your unique stamp on it)!
When real estate agents proceed with a relevant, well – considered, STRATEGY, their clients are best served! Will you be a relevant, effective agent?