Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and that doesn’t change even when you’re on a camping trip. Eating a good meal before you start your day is essential especially when you’re outdoors, because you’re going to need plenty of energy for all the activities you have planned for the day!
Try any of these delicious camping breakfast recipes for your next outdoor trip:
The Ultimate Campfire Hash
What you need:
- 2 packages refrigerated shredded potato hash browns
- 1 package sausage links, thawed and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten (prep at home – pour mixture in a jug and store in your cooler)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet over a grill or hot coals of a campfire, melt the butter then cook the hash browns, sausages, green pepper and onion until potatoes are lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Push the hash brown mixture to the side of the skillet and pour the egg mixture in the center. Cook eggs until set. Season with salt and pepper.
When ready, stir the hash brown mixture into the egg. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook for 2 minutes more or until cheese has melted.
Tropical Ham Breakfast Sandwich
What you need:
- 6 French rolls, thawed at room temperature, sliced in half
- 1/4 kg. deli sliced ham
- 6 pineapple rings, halved
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a small bowl, mix together the Dijon mustard and the honey. Spread the bottom of each roll with the mixture. Top it with a few slices of ham, followed by a pineapple ring, a slice of cheddar cheese then the top half of the roll.
Wrap each sandwich with a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Place on a hot grill rack or over hot campfire coals until hot, about 15-20 minutes, depending on how hot your fire is.