CIGNA dental plan products offer a wide variety of options to ensure that its customers will get the affordable dental care that they need. These include:
- The CIGNA Dental Care DHMO requires members to select a primary care dentist who will oversee all your dental care – from regular checkups to emergency care, as well as referrals for specialized procedures. There are no annual deductibles and dollar maximum, and no waiting period before you become eligible for coverage.
- The CIGNA Dental PPO covers most preventive care at little or no cost to members and offers discounts on non-covered services. However, to avail of savings, you must visit an in-network dentist although you are allowed to visit any dentist you want. If you use an out-of-network dentist, you may have higher out-of-pocket costs.
- The CIGNA Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) is a CIGNA dental plan that allows members to visit any licensed dentist in the PPO network without referrals for specialized procedures. Members are reimbursed for all or part of covered services up to the annual dollar maximum after meeting the deductible.
- CIGNA Flex Advantage allows members to easily choose the plan that best meets your needs at enrollment time with the option to switch between other CIGNA plans even on a monthly basis, no questions asked.
- CIGNA Traditional Plans allows members to visit any licensed dentist or specialist they choose, and all or part of their costs for covered procedures up to the plan’s annual dollar maximum and after meeting deductibles. Preventive and diagnostic services are covered at minimal to no cost.