Whether you are a homeowner, who seeks to sell his home, or a potential buyer, looking for a house, of their dreams, an essential early step, should be interviewing, locating, and effectively using the services of a real estate agent, who focuses on your needs, goals, objectives and priorities! How one represents you, often makes a significant difference, in whether this becomes a happy, joyous, relatively stress – free experience, rather than a period, filled with lots of stress, tension and uncertainty! With this in mind, this article will briefly examine and discuss, 5 necessities of superior, real estate representation.
1. Allegiance; loyalty: One of the first things one should do, prior to hiring any individual, is to have an in – depth discussion, and decide, whether you feel comfortable with that person! Why do, or don’t, you, believe, the agent will provide you with the highest level of true allegiance, within the limits of the law? Will he maintain the honor, and ethics, not merely required by law, and/ or, the Code of Ethics, but provide genuine loyalty, and representation?
2. Fiduciary responsibilities: The system often tempts some, to prioritize earning their commission/ fees, over serving a client’s best interests! There are many fiduciary responsibilities, which includes maintaining confidentiality, and never doing anything, which might compromise, one’s commitment to his client’s best interests!
3. Responsible advice: Some are tempted to over – promise, and under – deliver, in their quest to acquire a client/ listing! It should be a primary responsibility of your selected agent, to provide responsible advice, to the best of one’s ability. Follow my trademarked slogan, I’ll always tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear (TM).
4. Negotiating skills: How might you know, whether a particular individual, is ready, willing and able, to use the finest level of negotiating? One of the tell – tale signs, often, comes, when you discussion, a potential agent’s requested commission, with him, because if he is unable to effectively defend his value, how can you hope, he will ever negotiate, effectively for your best interests?
5. Professionalism: This characteristic, although an essential necessity, is often the most challenging, to clearly identify and/ or recognize! One will demonstrate his professionalism, by the confidence, empathy, commitment, follow – through, expertise, wisdom, knowledge, and relevant skills, he exhibits, consistently!
It is often challenging to locate the best agent for you, and receive the high level of superior representation, you need and deserve! Pay attention to these 5 basic areas/ necessities, during your identification and selection process!